This is a stunning hand carved cedar wood retablo (altarpiece).
A captivating oil painting on canvas is framed in this one of a kind retablo.
This unique piece recreates the colonial art of La Escuela Cusqueña, the history of which is traced to the 17th century. Originally influenced by Spanish and Italian artists, this school was commissioned to paint sacred art in churches and monasteries throughout the Peruvian city of Cusco after the area was devastated by an earthquake in 1650. The collected efforts of numerous artists gradually evolved into a unique yet harmonious and consistent style, devoid of individualism.
- Cedar Wood
- Hand Carved Cedar Wood Retablo (Altarpiece) - Framed Original Oil Painting On Canvas
- Virgin Of Mercy depiction
- Ex-voto small drawer. Vintage retablo - aged finish. Features doors to open/close the retablo
- 100% Hand Painted (Not a print, not a poster, not a transfer of Canvas)
- Size: Retablo: 13"H x 8"W ~ Painting: 6"H x 4"W